"A Southern Mom, Daughter, Sister, Granny, Dog Lover, Crafter, Painter , Java Junkie Queen, and Friend".

Saturday, January 4, 2014

A New Year....What to do, What to do?

Wow, the new year has come in with a blustery wind and low temps down here in rural South Georgia! I finally overcame the awful "crud" what ever it was that grabbed a hold of me on Christmas Eve and wouldn't let go....but, it gave me "one heck of a ride"!

So, I got around to cleaning off my craft space/desk, and just sat and "pondered" as we say down south, of what I really wanted to work on this year. Whew, all that "pondering" gave me a headache....but, I decided I needed to get back to doing what started me down this whole blogging thing, and that is my whimsical folk art....my jewelry making....my purse making...see, what a dilemma I'm in? I love doing these things, but, then I read or see something that one of you have shared and I leave a project and run to do that!

But, it dawned on me while scrolling through Bloglovin yesterday, that I will NEVER be as talented as some of you, and truthfully, I don't have the budget to buy and have on hand a lot of what some of you have! I just had to face the facts....and the main fact is that I need to stick to what I can do....what I enjoy doing....and what I have the means to do.

With that said, I decided to highlight some of my best pieces and most favorite pieces down by sidebar.....and will be adding more as the year goes along. I do want to get an Etsy store set up, so it will be easier to sell some of my work to a bigger audience when the time comes. 

One of the first things I did when I started down this "crafting/diy" experience two years ago was to paint on old wooden windows....and I created what I like to call "my alter-ego, Ms. Lucy"....she is like me in that she is short....got some "junk in her trunk" like me, but, she can be a little more "sassier" than me and I don't have to get in trouble....so, I thought I would start this year off by sharing her with you:





As you can see, Ms. Lucy is a force to be reckoned with....lol.....I'm looking forward to see what I create and work on this year, and again, I thank all my followers for coming on this ride with me and supporting me and featuring me! 

So, Bring It On 2014!

Blessings,

Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Hysterical! We should all have an alter ego to paint on a window!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Deborah,

    Never compare yourself to others and never sell yourself short -
    Your magic lies in your uniqueness!

    Best of luck to you on your new venture -
    Thanks for sharing your awesomeness at Inspire Me Monday at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete