Día de Muertos Inspired Shoes

While I have been basically at home trying to take care of my leg....I was crafting away! First, I have to say if you have never visited or know of Kathy Cano-Murillo of craftychica.com, well, then you do not know what you are missing. She is a very talented woman who has inspired me so many times.

Her love of Mexican culture and how she incorporates it into so many of her amazing designs is, well amazing. Some of you may remember that last summer, I painted a pair of plain white canvas slip-on's I purchased from Wal-Mart to look like watermelons:

So, I decided to put my love of the Mexican holiday of The Day of the Dead or as it is known in Mexico, Día de Muertos into painting myself a new pair of shoes! I went back to Wally World, much to my chagrin, but, I knew I could find an inexpensive pair of black canvas slip-ons...and I did.

I wasn't sure what my design was going to be, so, I just went with the flow....what ever my hands started painting, well, that is what got painted. I'm really excited how they turned out....it will be several days before I can wear them as I like to let the paint set...but, I hope you like them:






I think I might like to paint a couple more pairs....work on my designs some more.....but, I think I like them!

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

  1. I was born on The Day of the Dead and love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long had a respect and admiration of this holiday due to how the people honor there dead and treat them with respect.

      Delete
  2. I love those painted canvas shoes!! You did an awesome job on them. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest. Shoes. Ever. ♥ Thank you for sharing them at Treasure Box Tuesday! PINNED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of getting some of these and making them for my kids. Thanks for sharing on the Wake Up Wednesday Linky!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make many more pairs....just have to find the shoes.....you need to try and make a pair for yourself also!

      Delete
  5. love it self expression is something that I simply love
    angie @ annies home (http://shopannies.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much on death but I love the watermelon ones. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, the holiday, Day of the Dead, is MORE about LIVING and celebrating the life of our loved one that went before us....our ancestors. Thanks, Deborah

      Delete
  7. Great creative way to style an ordinary pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I really like painting on these plain canvas shoes....hope to be doing another very soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting