DIY Barrel Swivel Bracelets! Fishing Equipment, Oh My!!!

Good Tuesday Evening Everyone,
Well, first let me say, I did it again! I forgot my It Is What It Is Sunday...gosh darn it! So, I can honestly say, I was home, with my bad leg still propped up. It is still giving me a hard time and I'm waiting on a referral from my primary doctor to an orthopedic doctor....have a feeling there might be some more surgery in my future.

But, let me get on with telling you about this totally awesome DIY easy peazy bracelet. First, let me say, that although I was the 1st of my parents children and my Daddy loved seeing me dressed up all so pretty in my beautiful dresses....he didn't mind loading me up, putting a pair of jeans on me, and off we would go "to the fishing hole", which was down at the Satilla River here in South Georgia. Needless to say, I did love fishing and still do, and some crabbing, shrimping...heck, anything to do with water, and if I could get my hands on Daddy's tackle box, I loved all the shiny things in there...of course I was supervised...lol. So, much to my surprise not to long ago, I was posting something on a Blog Party, and there was the cutest DIY by Jo over at http://diybyjo.blogspot.com/, and well, I had to try it. 

So, I had bought the items that I needed back at the first of the month, but, just now got around to it.....the packets of the brass fishing lure swivels cost me about $1.50 a pack.....I bought a new pack of gold-tone lobster clasps and I already had the jump rings.....so, look how good they turned out:







I just love them.....I think I need to go "plunder some more in the tackle box"!

Enjoy and Blessings,

Deborah

Comments

  1. What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bracelets. I can see them with charms also... An idea??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rose, I've already thought about that....I'm looking for some really neat ones...interesting ones...not the normal.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you were able to accomplish something gorgeous such as this bracelet while you are sitting around with your bum leg..... These would be terrific on my blog hop. Would you please come join the party?
    Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
    Hope all goes well with the referral to the orthopod!!

    Thanks much!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a really clever idea!! Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Who would have thought!?!? :) Would love you to share at our Snickerdoodle Sunday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea as a gift for the fisherman/woman!!
    It was so fun to see this linked up at our party. I pinned!! Thanks much!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting