New Whimsical Art!

Happy Sunday everyone,

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Mine has been a weekend filled with hurting.....fibromyalgia pain and some arthritis crept in there also. I have stayed bundled up on couch, under the blanket, with my four legged baby, Odawg, right beside me. He knows when Mom doesn't feel good!

But, I finished several art pieces at the end of last week and had taken some pictures, but today is the first day i felt like messing with the camera. One of my favorite things to paint on are old wooden windows. Since, I live in a small one bedroom apartment, I don't have the space to store windows, and the ones I do have in here are windows that I have that I don't have any place to hang....lol.

So, when my sister and I went dumpster diving last week and found tons of wood, one of the pieces just drew me to it. I had been playing around with an idea in my head about painting a window that had a beach scene on it and when I started painting on this piece of wood, a few things started to change....I really love the way it turned out:





The quote: Turn your face towards the Sun, and the shadows will fall behind you, is a quote attributed to Helen Keller. This piece can be hung by adding rope around the top or adding a hook on the back. I'm not sure how will be best for this piece, but, I love it. I hope you enjoy it!

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

  1. Deborah, love this new painting. It looks just like you are seeing a beach scene through a window. Thanks so much for sharing it at Make It Monday. I am pinning and sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna, your nice comments are so appreciated!

      Delete
  2. What a fun painting! I'm missing summer already. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting