The View I Wish I Had!

Happy Hump Day Everyone,

I'm Back! I have still been taking care of myself physically and spiritually while recovering from my knee surgery! I do feel better and am back to painting.

So, as I've stated before, Gosh, I love the water! Oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams.....water! Even though if you consider my horoscope sign, which is a Leo, I love being close to the water, and, oh, how I love the ocean! I have done some traveling which has taken me close to beautiful waters, from St. Thomas in the Virgin Island to the Keys in Florida, and I love them all! I so wish I could afford to find some little beach cottage....nothing fancy at all, where I could sit and have my java and let my dog play every day, and do my painting, but, unless I win the lottery, I doubt that will ever happen....

Taking an old cabinet door I had found in a dumpster, I painted a scene of looking out a window of an old beach house with white plantation shutters that open to the ocean. You can see the faded wallpaper and walls.....with the shutters open there is a vine growing up the wall.....and there are flowers and mountains and the beautiful blue waters of the ocean:










I will keep visiting places like this, and even maybe dreaming of a place of my own near the water....until then, I will keep on painting!

Blessings,
Deborah

Comments

  1. lovely! I love this cabinet door! you can so see the ocean, feel the salty breeze and sunshine! What a glorious piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative making such a lovely painting with a cabinet door.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Zip Tie Bohemian Bracelets! VaVoom!

Everyone Loves Watermelon....Right?

The Lady with Blue Eyes...New Folk Art Painting